Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Honey-Soy Glazed Salmon


Table:
We bought some fresh salmon at the farmer's market this past weekend, and decided to do a grilled version of this Real Simple recipe.  We also bought some bok choy, so we grilled and used that in place of the vegetables in the recipe.

Tube:
This is a pretty low calorie meal (the bok choy is practically water!), so for the g-tube blended diet, I added broccoli.  I also added pineapple to keep a sort of Asian stir fry feel to the mix.  And of course, I used the honey just as in the glaze.  (My son is 2 1/2  - babies under the age of 12 months should not have honey).  To keep a thinner consistency, I kept my rice to 1/2 cup and used a slice of bread.


Whole Milk 1 cup
flavored Kefir - 1% milkfat 1/2 cup
orange juice 1/2 cup
brown rice 1/2 cup
whole grain bread 1 slice
pineapple tidbits 1/2 cup
diced pears with juice 4 oz cup
bok choy 1/2 c
broccoli 1/2 c
Salmon 3 oz
honey 1 T
Sunflower Seed Oil 2 T
Children's Multivitamin 1/2 tablet
calcium chews supplement 1/2 chew

Total volume - 36 oz
cal/oz - 30.8
cal/cc - 1.0

No comments:

Post a Comment