Saturday, July 28, 2012

Pork Chops with Green Beans and Sweet Potato Fries


Ok, first confession is that I did not take the picture above - I found it on Google Images and took it off of Southern Living or something.  Second confession is that I did not make the pork chop dinner that is pictured above!  My husband was gone on a 2-week trip for work, so you might be able to imagine how hectic things become with a special needs child with only one parent - you may even be in that position permanently yourself!  I was pretty much lucky to not fix frozen pizza every night or just eat a bowl of cereal for dinner - and believe me, that thought crossed my mind more than once.

Table
This table dinner was a pretty simple one.  I just grilled a couple of pork chops and ate it with green beans and sweet potato fries.  Nothing spectacular.

Tube
For the g-tube blenderized version of this, I added brown rice for carbs.  We buy frozen brown rice from Trader Joes that only needs a 3-minute zap in the microwave to cook.  It's the best thing for busy people.  I think the blend came out super thick, so if you don't want it so thick, I'd recommend only using about 1/2 the brown rice and substituting a couple slices of bread.

I also put in applesauce, because pork chops and apples just go together so well, and he needed some fruit.  I also added maple syrup because there's a Real Simple recipe we often use for sweet potato fries where you drizzle maple syrup on the fries.  I just used store bought frozen fries this time, but the maple syrup is good for a calorie boost.



Whole Milk 1 1/2 cup
flavored Kefir - 1% milkfat 1/2 cup
brown rice 1 1/2 cup
applesauce 1 cup
sweet potato fries 3 oz
green beans 1/2 cup
pork chops 2 oz
maple syrup 1 T
olive oil 2 T
Children's Multivitamin 1/2 tablet
calcium chews supplement 1/2 chew
Volume (oz) 38
Cal/oz 36.4
Cal/cc 1.2
% Fat 15%
% Carbohydrates 71%
% Protein 14%

No comments:

Post a Comment